December is almost here! The Starbucks holiday cups have been released, we’re preparing to stuff our bellies with turkey and pie, and we’re gearing up for winter holidays and the start of a new year.
While December brings fun, family, and food, it can also leave business owners and marketers feeling pressed for time—and resources. But, with the right strategies and promotions, you can make your December marketing a breeze and spend more time relaxing with your loved ones.
The holidays put us in a giving mood, so in this post we’re giving you:
- December holidays and observances for your business to celebrate and participate in to connect with your audience.
- Promotion ideas that will make your audience shout with glee.
- Simple and effective marketing ideas that will help you close out the year strong.
We hope this post inspires you and leaves you feeling a little less stressed during December.
Merry marketing ideas around December holidays and observances
1. Join in on Free Shipping Day
Free shipping is a big deal to customers. A LOCALiQ consumer survey found that only 20% of people will pay for shipping. If you have an e-commerce business, consider joining in on Free Shipping Day on December 14 by offering free shipping on all purchases.
Don’t forget the #freeshippingday hashtag on all your social posts promoting your offer!
2. Dress Up for Ugly Sweater Day
There’s nothing that attracts customers like a fun attitude, so take advantage of the festive spirit! Embrace the ugly sweaters on Ugly Sweater Day—this year on December 20.
Here are some dress up ideas for your business this month:
- Grab some reindeer antlers or wear Christmas pajamas if it’s appropriate for your business.
- Daycare centers can have fun dressing up and encourage a pajama day for students!
- Business professionals can have fun with a holiday-colored tie or socks to get in the holiday spirit.
- Post pictures of you and your employees in your ugly sweaters and offer a discount to anyone who visits in their ugly sweater.
Of course, don’t forget to post on social media with the appropriate holiday hashtag.
3. Show Off Your Gingerbread House
Did you know December 12 is National Gingerbread House day? Participate in this fun and festive day—here are a few different ways:
- Hold a gingerbread house decorating contest with your employees. Post the finished products on your social sites and have your audience vote for their favorites.
- Ask your audience to share pictures of their gingerbread houses to their social sites and tag you. Choose a winner to receive a special holiday promotion.
- Create a gingerbread display at your business for people to (safely) take pictures in front of.
- Share healthy alternatives for gingerbread houses if you’re a healthcare business or dentist.
- If you’re a bakery, create a build-your-own gingerbread house kit for people to buy.
No matter how you participate, make sure to use the #nationalgingerbreadday hashtag!
4. Participate in National Flu Vaccination…
Read More: 20 Super-Festive December Marketing Ideas to Try This Month