- YouTube is home to more than 2 billion users worldwide and drives more than 30 million daily visits, making it a great platform for small businesses looking to market with video content.
- Video is extremely engaging and useful for many types of businesses. Creating a YouTube channel for your business offers a centralized platform for your audience to view and engage with your videos.
- Completely fill out your YouTube profile and follow these tips to upload engaging video content that will resonate with your audience and grow your followership.
- This article is for small businesses looking to improve their marketing strategy by adding video content and boosting engagement with their audience.
Since its launch in 2005, YouTube has become a modern media powerhouse. Currently, YouTube has more than 2 billion users worldwide and 30 million daily visitors. Nearly 500 hours of video are uploaded to the site every minute, with more than 2,400 channels that exceed 1 million subscribers. The platform was purchased by Google in 2016 and currently ranks No. 2 for global and domestic web traffic, according to Alexa.
Marketing is moving toward video over static content, and YouTube is a key player. For an individual user, the site appears straightforward, but it’s more complicated if you want to use it to market and grow your business. Here’s what you should know to use YouTube for business.
How to set up a YouTube channel
These guides break down the process by which you can set up a YouTube channel for your small business. Each examines an important element of creating and optimizing your YouTube channel.
- Signing up for a business YouTube account
- Customizing your YouTube profile
- Interacting with others on YouTube
- Verifying your channel
- YouTube Live
- Trending videos on YouTube
- YouTubers and influencers
- Advertising on YouTube
- YouTube Partner Program
- YouTube Premium
- YouTube tips and tricks
Signing up for a business YouTube account
Most social media networks require you to set up an account before you can view content. That’s not the case with YouTube; you can view content without a YouTube account. However, an account is required for your company to upload videos and engage with other users. Membership is also required to view videos flagged as adult content.
Follow these steps to create your business YouTube account:
- Sign in to your company’s Google account. If you use Gmail for your business email, you’ll use the same username and password for your YouTube account that you use for Gmail. Alternatively, you can create a new Google account that you use solely for YouTube business purposes.
- Once signed in, visit YouTube’s homepage. Double-check that you’re signed in to the appropriate business account instead of your personal YouTube account.
- Click on your Google…
Read More: How to Use YouTube for Small Business